Governors and Friends of Sutton Benger School ('FoSBS')
GOVERNING BODY OF SUTTON BENGER PRIMARY SCHOOL
All schools in England have a governing body which is responsible for overseeing many of the strategic decisions of the school. Sutton Benger's governing body is proud of the school, its staff and pupils.
The governing body is an active and enthusiastic team helping to make strategic decisions about the direction of the school, acting as a critical friend and offering support and challenge to the senior leadership of the school.
What are the governing body's core functions of governance?
- ensuring clarity of school vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- holding the executive headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is ell spent.
Find out more about the Board of Governors, Governor Meetings and Organisational Structure, please click on the links below...
For information on the organisational structure and governor profiles.
For access to approved copies of governing body meeting minutes and supplementary documents.
Up-to-date governance documents and standards used by the governing body.
For information on the different ways to contact the governing body.
FRIENDS OF SUTTON BENGER SCHOOL ('FoSBS')
(PRONOUNCED FOZBIZ OR FOZBEES)
FoSBS is the parent teacher organisation of Sutton Benger Primary School.
All parents, teachers and Sutton Benger staff are automatically members of FoSBS and are welcome at all FoSBS events and meetings!
FoSBS play three important roles at the school:
- We organise most of the school events and coordinate voluntary contributions to the school;
- We lead in Sutton Benger Primary School fundraising activity;
- We serve as a voice for parents on school related issues.
The key objective of FoSBS is to advance the education of the pupils of the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities for education at the School. The other aims of FoSBS are to:
- Engage in activities which support the school.
- Provide an informal forum to keep parents in touch with school development.
FoSBS hold regular meetings, to which all parents/carers, teachers, school staff and governors are invited.
If you would like to speak with FoSBS please contact its Chair Mrs Kate Ellis through the School Office or directly via email at: